|Why choose Solid Surface over granite or quartz?
- Solid Surface is non porous. It has National Sanitation Foundation
(NSF/ANSI Standard 51) approval and is made with FDA approved
materials. Solid Surface is the most sanitary of all countertop
materials, and will withstand disinfection solutions with zero damage to
- Solid surface can be installed with no visible seams, the only material
capable of this, regardless of the size of the countertop. No seams is
more sanitary and more beautiful.
- Sinks can be installed integrally, fused seamlessly into the countertop,
leaving no caulk to maintain, no crevices for bacteria to breed, and no
chance for the sink to sag over time. The adhesive used is a two part
polymer, the same as the top itself, so it is like welding the sink into
place. Sinks can be replaced if needed.
- Renewable and repairable. Almost any damage can be fixed easily to
like new condition, entire sections can be cut out and replaced
seamlessly if needed. If it is time to sell the home, the top can be re
polished back to new condition if needed. Only Solid Surface is capable
of this renewal.
- Clean it with just about anything. No special cleaners are needed, soap
and water, 409, Windex, whatever is at hand.
- Solid Surface is easily worked and shaped into almost any imaginable
shape. This makes special edges economical since it is worked with
common woodworking router bits. Sink cutouts are usually included in
the price of the top, unlike other materials where it costs hundreds of
dollars to cut and polish a sink or cooktop. Laminations are done easily
with scrap sections, making the edge as thick as you wish. Scrap from
cutouts can be pieced together for backsplash or even another
- Solid Surface is more economical than granite or quartz after the edge
profile and cutouts are figured in. On granite and quartz tops, edge
profile charges can cost over a thousand dollars for an average kitchen,
plus sink cutouts at $250 or more, adding as much as $15.00 per
square foot to the cost of the countertop for a simple bullnose edge.
- Solid Surface isn't radioactive like other materials, nor does it contain
asbestos like some natural stone products. The NSF rating means
continuous inspection of materials for quality.
- Solid Surface comes with very long warranty, and must be fabricated
and installed by certified fabricators, your guarantee of quality
workmanship. The warranty is backed by the manufacturer of the
material, usually big multinational companies that will be around for a
What is Solid Surface?
What is ATH?